Sunday 2 November 2014

Applying, Waiting and Hoping

Hey!

I'm Anna and you are currently exploring my rather sparse UCAS blog. Sparse, but not for long. I'll be a new regular in the blogging world posting about...applying to uni. Some of you may now be tempted to run for the hills in fear, but bear with me. Applying to uni is scary, I can't pretend it isn't, but maybe just not as scary as everybody makes out (honest). 

So if you're at the stage of applying to uni right now your head is most likely ringing with the words "personal statement", "choices" and "UCAS" and your response is probably "WHEN CAN I GO BACK TO SLEEP". Unfortunately, not yet. I think at one point I started reciting my personal statement in my dreams (nightmares). What's the good news then? Well, as soon as you get it sent off you can breathe a (momentary) sigh of relief, and a personal statement-sized weight will be lifted right off your shoulders. Yay!

I officially applied to University to do Journalism on the 20th October (hurrah!). It all seems very serious and occasionally I have heard people say "I think I have just signed my life away"...(Or maybe that was just me, hmm). All in all it's better to get it out of the way. So, like me, you can find yourself a few weeks later getting an email from UCAS saying "Dear Miss Whittaker, something has changed", and consequently screaming at the computer "BUT WHAT IS IT???". Fingers crossed it will be an offer, and then you can dance around happily and post your wonderful news on Facebook (to get lots of 'Well done's' from that Great Auntie you haven't seen in 10 years).

More soon,

Anna x

2 comments:

  1. I sent mine on Thursday. Now the waiting beginnings. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, well done! You too:)

    ReplyDelete