Tuesday 9 February 2016

127% ready

Hey!

I survived the 'State of Sheffield' project week! I majorly overestimated how terrible it would be....I thought it would be 9-5 but realistically I went in to Uni for about an hour a day in which I would gossip with my group and receive dirty looks from the other hard-working groups. Our project was on CCTV in Sheffield. On our research day we went to a random road and counted the number of CCTV cameras and based our entire findings on those numbers. Safe to say we didn't win the competition- after all on our poster the name of the place we'd researched was spelt wrong. OOPS. On the plus side my group were lovely and we're going to meet up soon for some J20's.

Also we had an interesting lecture on the first day by David Blunkett, former Labour Home Secretary under Tony Blair. He was a really interesting guy and at the end I asked him a question about the MP's expenses scandal (absolutely nothing to do with CCTV but at least I tried).

*My flatmate Lauren currently has her head out of my bedroom window and she's shouting "I love the smell of Sheffield!!!". Sorry if this post is a little rambly- as you can imagine I'm going to be a little distracted.*

ANYWAY. On Friday my Mum came to visit which was so good! She briefly saw the flat kitchen and didn't have to search for long (or at all) before she spotted a bottle of Pepsi with mould growing on it. Nice.

The next day Harika and I went to a vintage 'kilo sale' where we spent a little too much money. Afterwards I embarked upon a dreaded 9 hour shift. After lots of business and little sleep my mentality on Sunday was I AM SO DONE so I got the next train home and spend the day with my beautiful dogs (and family and the boyf).


Tom Odell: Reeeeeaaaal Love
I came back the same night and now I'm 127% ready to get back to Uni life and lectures and going out (obvs). Talking of lectures they started again on Monday, with shorthand at 9am. I just about survived it! I also found out today that I passed my 60 words per minute shorthand exam with 100% accuracy YAY! So no more 8ams.

Today I was given my first article of the semester, on the retirement age being moved to 65 for women. So I went in to the city centre and managed to find some women who were very angry about the sudden change! It was super interesting (and VERY cold. I thought my hands were going to fall off).

I'm thinking of doing another 'advice' post kinda like my relationships one but I'm not quite sure what to do it on...I would love to know any ideas!!

Anna x

P.s you can vote for Blogger of the Month here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment