Monday 1 February 2016

"Uni is so weird"

Hey!

I thought this was an apt time to write a blog post as I have just woken up after a night of celebrating that exams are over. Yay! We went to a club called Plug last night as they bribed us in with 'free chocolate'. Moral of the story- never trust club promotions. They lie.

I had my last exam- 60 words per minute in shorthand- yesterday and it went really well. Ironically it went better than all my other exams and it isn't even part of my degree. Ah well. I'm super happy that they're all out of the way! However we still don't start lectures for another week which is a bit annoying...next week we have to do this project called 'State of Sheffield' where we are put in random groups to research something in our area. I thought it sounded interesting until I found out that it runs 9-5 every day. I'll pass. (I won't really because if you don't go you can fail your whole first year).

In other uni news my flat's cleanliness has seriously deteriorated since we have been back. I was delighted the other morning to empty the bins only to find that a jar of mouldy hot dog sausages had fallen out of the bin bag. These days you're lucky if you go to the sink and it isn't full of a combination of 5 people's dinners. Mmm. I'm definitely not selling university here am I? On the other hand, when you visit other flats it makes you realise that maybe yours isn't so bad....When I visited my friend in recently I was highly amused by her passive aggressive posters such as 'If the bins are full, EMPTY THEM'. 

I've also started exercising which is a surprising yet positive change. I discovered a really pretty park which is really close to my accommodation so I've been going there a few times a week. Also with my new app MapMyRun I can track how many miles I've ran and how long it has taken me etc. I was inspired to start because a) when I went for a jog with my Dad over Christmas and almost passed out I realised how unfit I was and b) the amount of hills in Sheffield means that I really need to be more prepared.








I had better get out of bed now as it is now 12:42 and I still need to eat breakfast. 'Uni is so weird' - a fact that my flatmate Lauren likes to remind me of every day. She's so right. 

Hope everyone's goooood! 

Anna x

No comments:

Post a Comment